New Employee Orientation
Florida State University
New to Tallahassee?
FSU History & Culture
FSU & You - Employee Handbook
FSU Human Resources
Office of Faculty Development and Advancement
Seminole Safety Guides
Technology-Enhanced Classrooms (for instructors)
Social Security Number Usage Notification
Sexual Harassment Policy
Summary of Benefits
Interested in advancing your professional and personal skills?
Welcome to Florida State University!
We are excited to have you on our team! FSU is a great place to work and we encourage you to take advantage of all the resources available to you as Faculty & Staff. This page is designed to help your transition to our campus and provide you with the necessary steps you must complete as a new employee.
To get started, please watch the required New Employee Orientation presentations located to the right of this page. For your preference, the presentations are available in audio/video format and printable PowerPoint/transcript. Once you complete the NEO presentations, submit the electronic Certification of Completion & Evaluation of Orientation form and proceed with the following:
- Verify with your supervisor that all necessary documentation has been submitted and processed.
- Get EMPLID (a unique, nine-digit identifying number) from HR department representative or supervisor
- Activate my FSUID
- Get FSU Card
- Get FSU Parking Permit
- Computer Access (Contact your department representative for specific department security and computer access.)
- OMNI Access
- Register for Email Account
- Final Checklist & Required Forms
- See your supervisor for additional questions or needs. Dont forget to check out the New Employee Resources!
(PowerPoint format — Flash plugin required)
- Benefits - Faculty and Staff
- Benefits - OPS Employees
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Employee Assistant Services
- Employee & Labor Relations
- FSU Police Department
- Hazard Communication & Right to Know Training
- Office of Equal Opportunity & Compliance
- Records Management
- Threat Awareness
- Time & Labor
- Tobacco Free FSU
- Weapons in Vehicles Policy
- Certification of Completion & Evaluation of Orientation
Upcoming Training Events