Training and Organizational Development
- Assist in the achievement of strategic goals and objectives of the FSU organization through a focused delivery of workplace training and personal development amongst University employees.
- Foster a high quality work environment and employee wellness by providing development programs focused on a balance of career, health, and family.
To maximize convenience and accessibility of training for our employees, TOD offers these learning opportunities in classroom, online, and orientation formats. Supervisory approval is required if employees attend a class during their regular work hours, which is then considered time worked. Classes are free of charge to FSU employees.
Course Schedule and Online Registration:
Contact TOD at 850.644.8724 if you need assistance with registration or cancellation.
Computer Based Training
- Online IT Training (lynda.com)
- The Training & Organizational Development Office offers on-line training classes as a means to better serve the FSU community.
- Online New Employee Orientation
Reasonable Accommodation Inquiry
For assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact the Office of Training & Development by filling out the following form or by calling 644-8724. If possible, request accommodations at least 5 working days before the training. Hearing or speech impaired individuals may contact TOD through the Florida Relay Service at 1-800-955-8770 (voice) or 1-800-955-8771 (TDD). (voice) or 1-800-955-8771 (TDD).
Garnet and Gold Toastmasters
Toastmasters International is a world leader in communication and leadership development and one of the best investments you can make in yourself. Members have the opportunity to give speeches, impromptu talks, conduct meetings and develop skills related to timekeeping, grammar and parliamentary procedure. Please visit the Garnet & Gold Toastmasters website for more information regarding meeting dates and times.
Free Online Financial Education Program
The EAP and Consumer Credit Management Services are offering a free online financial education program for all FSU staff and faculty as well as their families.
Frontline Leadership Program
The Frontline Leadership Program is a skill training program designed for new supervisors, developing team leaders or front-line supervisors with a focus on team building, policies, procedures as well as legal and compliance issues that are specific to Florida State University.