Hiring Process Retention Requirements:
All documents/records regarding the hiring process shall be retained a minimum of four (4) years from the date the process concludes, unless otherwise notified to retain for a longer period. Documents/records include everything created or received during the hiring process. The following is not an exhaustive list:
- Copy of advertisements and other forms of recruitment (for those recruiting in journals, chronicles, etc.)
- *OMNI job advertisement
- Curriculum Vitae, Resume, and/or Cover Letter
- Professional Membership Certificates/Licensures
- References and/or Letters of Recommendation
- Work Samples
- Test Scores/Evaluations
- Driver's License, Certificates, and/or Industry or Professional License
- Pre-employment Tests and Results for all applicants
- Interview Questions and Answers for all applicants
- Notes made on any documents, including in the margins of resumes, CVs, cover letters, or interview questions.
- Any screening matrix or comparison charts
- Police Background Check Request Form
- Diploma and/or Transcripts
- Salary Approvals (emails or forms)
- Offer Letter (USPS)
- Offer Letter & Contract (A&P and Faculty)
- New Employee Wizard Forms
- Faculty Applicant Flow Log
- **Form AA-317
- Form AA-186
- Any other document and/or correspondence (including video resumes, portfolios, emails, faxes, charts, or notes) created in connection with the applicants of the job posting/position number
* OMNI will automatically retain these records for you.
**Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance will retain after receipt from applicants.
If there is an item you are unsure whether to retain, please confirm with Employment/Recruitment before discarding.