The Advance Leadership Development Program is a training certificate program designed to foster growth and development of administrative and academic leaders and emerging leaders at Florida State University. The Program is designed to complement on-going campus efforts to improve succession planning and expand the pipeline of diverse and talented leaders who will continue to move the University toward its vision of achieving a University climate of inquiry, engagement, collegiality, diversity, and achievement. The cohort-based Program supports the development of leadership competencies at the individual (one's own), team (interpersonal), and organizational (system and cultural) levels.
- Strengthen our diverse culture by building networks to increase collaboration
- Expand participants' leadership knowledge and skills for today's changing higher education environment
- Increase knowledge and impact in leading teams
- Enhance effectiveness in participants' current role
- Increase leader commitment to a strategic and innovative culture
The curriculum's skills and competencies support the development of high-performing leaders and emerging leaders to enable them to collaborate, communicate, innovate, and lead effectively. It comprises relevant and practical topics related to higher education leadership using an integrated learning methodology based on self-analysis, interactive activities, peer knowledge-sharing, practical workplace application, and reflection delivered through professional development classroom sessions and activities.
To continually improve and enhance the effectiveness of the ALDP, we have reviewed and refined the ALDP curriculum content and program structure this year. The program's redesign will also provide continuing professional development opportunities for ALDP alumni with an expanded network of peers.
The selection process is designed to create a qualified, diverse, and inclusive participant group that enhances collaborative learning and reflects the university's mission/workforce's scope. A cohort group of 25 employees will be selected to participate through a competitive application process.
Each participant must be a permanent employee in a mid-level manager/senior-level professional staff position (A&P Grade 005 and above) or faculty classification.
Candidates for the ALDP must also meet the following criteria (at a minimum) to be considered:
- Have four years of service at FSU as of September 2021;
- Demonstrated interest in self-development as a leader;
- Support of their supervisor;
- Able and committed to participating in required workshops, actively participating in those meetings, completing assignments between meetings, and working with fellow participants as required. Note: Due to the program and curriculum structure, make-up sessions are not available.
If selected, participants are required to attend the four required workshops, actively participating in those meetings, completing assignments between sessions, and working with fellow participants as needed.
Upon completion of the ALDP, program Alumni are eligible to participate in continuing leadership professional development opportunities.
- Fall 2021 ALDP Workshop Schedule Coming Soon
2021 ALDP Applications are opening soon!
Interested and eligible employees must submit an online application during the application period to be considered.
Contact the Office of Training & Organizational Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-644-8724.