2022 Courtesy Mass Appointments Verification
This message has been approved by Shelley Lopez, Program Director, Communications/Special Projects, for distribution to all Department Representatives.
The 2022 Courtesy Mass Appointment Verification process begins May 9, 2022. Departments should use the mass verification process to ensure any courtesy appointments still serve the University or departmental business needs. Before the Courtesy Mass Appointment Verification process begins, Department Representatives should utilize the query FSU_COURTESY_BY_DEPT to identify and review current courtesy appointments with supervisors within their departments.
Courtesy appointments permit access to university privileges, such as an FSU email account, computer systems, or buildings. It is the department’s responsibility to ensure the accuracy and necessity of these courtesy appointments annually to protect University resources and security.
During this process, Department Representatives and Department Managers must review, update, and approve each courtesy appointment they wish to keep active within their department. Review the job aid detailing the steps for this process.
May 9 – May 13
The process opens to Department Representatives (originator) in OMNI HR. All Courtesy Appointments are set to “Terminate” initially. To mark courtesy appointments for retention or termination (requires the FSU_SS_MANAGER role).
- To retain an appointment, check the “Retain” box.
- To end an appointment, leave the check in the “Terminate” box.
- Once you have reviewed and checked either “Terminate” or “Retain” for each row you must click Save.
May 16 – May 20
Department Manager verifies, approves and saves all courtesy appointment designations (requires the FSU_SS_MANAGER role).
- Appointments marked for termination by the Department Representative: the checkbox does NOT default to “Approve” for terminations. If the Department Manager wishes to retain an appointment marked for termination, uncheck the “Terminate” box and check the “Retain” box. The Department Manager MUST mark the “Approve” checkbox to confirm the termination.
- Appointments marked for retention by the Department Representative: the checkbox does NOT default to “Approve” for retentions. If the Department Manager wishes to terminate an appointment marked for retention, uncheck the “Retain” box and check the “Terminate” box. The Department Manager MUST mark the “Approve” checkbox to confirm the retention.
The file is loaded in OMNI HR.
Run the departmental courtesy query to verify/confirm FSU_COURTESY_BY_DEPT.
To find the Courtesy Appointment Verification screen in OMNI HR, go to: My FSU > HR > Manager Self Service > Job and Personal Information > FSU Mass Appointments > Mass Appointments: Courtesy.
Questions? Please contact Amy Walker at (850) 644-4477 or email@example.com.