Florida State University offers employees the opportunity to participate in a variety of benefit programs. It is mandatory for all employees to participate in one of three retirement plans. All insurance programs are voluntary and include pre-tax and post-tax options. People First is the Benefits Administrator for the State of Florida pre-tax insurance plans and is responsible for new hire enrollments, coverage changes, premium administration, and dependent eligibility, among many others.
Open Enrollment, your annual opportunity to change your State of Florida insurance (health, dental, vision, etc.), occurred October 10, 2022 - October 28, 2022.
- Metlife and Ameritas have decreased plan rates for the 2023 plan year. Humana will be offering additional dental plans. For more information, please refer to this chart.
- Humana Vision plan rates will decrease while offering additional benefits. An updated chart will be linked to this point once available from DSGI.
- If you would like to view your current insurance benefits or 2023 enrollments, please log on to the People First website.
- If you would like more information on the 2023 Open Enrollment, please refer to the Department of Management Services MyBenefits page.
To comply with the federally-mandated provisions of the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Florida State University offers State of Florida Group Health Insurance coverage as an optional benefit for all qualified OPS employees. The coverage is subject to change based on state and federal legislation. Employees who meet the measuring guidelines, including graduate assistants and adjunct faculty, will be notified by People First to elect coverage.
- Important Employee Reminder
- Employee Eligibility -- Salaried & OPS
- IRS 1095 Forms
- Break in Service -- Insurance Reinstatement Between Positions (Salaried/OPS)
- Measurement Matrix -- New Hire and Open Enrollment Measurement Periods
- Market Place Exchange Notice
Important Web Links
Old Publications with important benefit reminders:
Should you have any questions or concerns about the implementation of the OPS Health Insurance Plan, please contact the FSU Human Resources Benefits Office at (850) 644-4015 or email email@example.com.
The State of Florida’s MyBenefits website provides information regarding available benefit options to eligible state agency and state university employees. The links provided are the most frequently used.