USPS Performance Evaluations
This message has been approved by Shelley Lopez, Program Director, Communications/Special Projects, for distribution to all Department Representatives.
Performance evaluations for USPS employees are now available in OMNI HR for the 2020 rating period.
- The evaluation period measures performance from January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020.
- Performance evaluations are not required for USPS employees who were hired or transferred to a new USPS position on or after May 1, 2020. These employees will not have evaluations available in OMNI HR.
- An overall rating of Below Satisfactory requires a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP). Supervisors must contact Employee & Labor Relations (ELR) before initiating a Below Satisfactory performance evaluation. In addition, a Performance Expectations Plan is recommended with a Marginal Satisfactory overall rating. Supervisors can find contact information for their assigned ELR Specialist on the ELR Department Contact List.
- Supervisors can access the performance documents by navigating to: myFSU >HR > Manager Self Service > Performance Management > Current Documents.
- Track completed evaluations and status updates by using the query: FSU_ELR_EPERF_STATUS_DEPT. To run the query, insert Review Period End Date of 12/31/2020.
- The deadline for all USPS ePerformance evaluations to be completed is March 1, 2021.
- Supervisors and Department Representatives are encouraged to utilize the training resources provided by the Office of Human Resources. Online training guides for the ePerformance process can be found on the Human Resources website.
Questions? Please reference Florida State University Policy 4-OP-C-7-G1 or contact the Employee & Labor Relations section at (850) 644-6475.