Leaders play an integral role in the overall success of Florida State University by communicating organizational needs, providing guidance and support, identifying development needs, and managing relationships between staff and the organization.
This cohort-based experience, designed for staff & faculty, provides leadership development to employees over eight weeks of immersive and interactive training. Training is delivered in a blended-learning format with engaging in-person and online asynchronous activities (schedule shown below). If you have the desire to improve your leadership skills, to build relationships across campus, and have worked for the University for at least one full year, please stay tuned to our website, our LinkedIn, and campus notifications to find out when a new cohort begins. Applications will reopen at that time.
CURRENT PROGRAM DATES
In-Person at the FSU Training Center
- September 21-22 (Intensive Bootcamp; 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.)
- October 16 (FSU Day #1; 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- October 23 (FSU Day #2; 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- November 16 (Implementation Lab; 8:30 am-5 pm)
- September 25-November 16 (Learning Transfer Activities)
Dates: September 21-22, 2023
- Engage with cohort participants through in-person facilitation of multiple leadership development topics. Explore the list of topics here.
- You will write a letter to your manager after the Bootcamp that details lessons learned and asks for their support in implementing strategies.
Dates: September 25 – November 16, 2023
- Engage with your program colleagues in weekly online discussions, micro-learning videos from the facilitator, and asynchronous FSU procedure classes. This time is used to network with your colleagues and provide and gain insight from each other. It is an important part of the learning transfer process.
Short videos will be emailed to participants during this six-week timeframe to provide reminders and tips for implementing learned strategies.
Dates: October 16 & October 23, 2023
Two in-person "FSU Days" will cover FSU-specific training topics.
- Topics Covered In-Person:
- Anti-Sexual Misconduct & Prevention Training
- ADA Understanding the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Equal Opportunity & Compliance
- Performance Management
- Fundamentals of Discipline
- Family Medical Leave Act of 1993
- Search Committee Training
Date: November 16, 2023
- The Implementation Lab is customized training based on participants’ responses during week six and is built-in to address the requested knowledge and skills of the cohort.
- You will engage in thought-provoking exercises and break-out sessions and share how you have utilized learned skills, and discuss any challenges encountered.