2023 USPS Performance Evaluations
This message has been approved by Renisha Gibbs, Associate Vice President for Human Resources and Finance & Administration Chief of Staff, for distribution to all Deans, Directors, and Department Heads.
The current USPS performance evaluation rating period will end on December 31, 2023. Supervisors will be responsible for evaluating their employees’ performance beginning January 3, 2024, for the 2023 rating period. The performance evaluation is a constructive tool for continued improvement and development and ensures that employees receive feedback on their performance for the rating period. It is essential that performance evaluations are completed in a timely manner. In preparation for the creation of the performance evaluation documents, please review the following deadlines:
- Performance evaluations are not required for USPS employees who have been hired or promoted to an A&P position on or after May 1, 2023. Additionally, performance evaluations are not required for USPS employees who were hired or transferred to a new USPS position on or after May 1, 2023, and are in probationary status. These employees will not have evaluations available in OMNI HR.
- In order to be fully approved by Compensation Services, position description updates and any management changes that should be reflected on the 2023 evaluation form must be entered by November 24, 2023.
- Any position-related changes and/or management changes must be submitted via ePAF. The performance evaluation form will reflect changes made to the position description as long as the effective date for the change is within the rating period. If you or members of your staff have questions regarding the position description or management change updates, please contact your department’s assigned Compensation Services analyst.
- We are requesting that only substantive position description updates be made. If you have minor updates (i.e., non-substantive changes that do not impact the essential functions of the position), please hold on submitting changes at this time.
- The deadline for all performance evaluation documents to be completed is March 1, 2024.
- Supervisors and Department Representatives are encouraged to utilize the training resources provided by the Office of Human Resources.
Questions? Please reference Policy 4-OP-C-7-G1, or contact the Employee & Labor Relations section at (850) 644-6475.