Continuous Improvement & Training Changes
This message has been approved by Renisha Gibbs, Associate Vice President for Human Resources and Finance & Administration Chief of Staff, for distribution to all Deans, Directors, and Department Heads.
We are excited to announce changes in the office formerly known as Training and Organizational Development. Over the last year, we have made improvements to reflect the needs of our employees and align with the strategic initiatives of the University.
Today we proudly announce the Office of Continuous Improvement & Training as your resource for employee training, well-being initiatives, process, and performance improvement. We are also introducing new programs, recognition tools, and continuous communication options.
Please look below for additional information and feel free to reach out with any questions. We look forward to helping you and your department meet your goals.
Training and Organizational Development Name Change and New Programs for Spring 2023
A New Name - We're excited to announce new programming and services for university employees, presented by Continuous Improvement & Training (formerly known as Training and Organizational Development). Professional development and workplace training are integral to the success of our organization.
- Leaders in Training (L.I.T. Program) – (This program replaces the former Frontline Supervision certificate) This energy-packed, cohort-based, blended learning experience provides leadership development to employees over eight weeks of immersive and interactive training. If you have the desire to improve your leadership skills and build relationships with other like-minded people across campus, then I encourage you to complete the attached application as soon as possible. The deadline is February 13, 2023, but you will want to move quickly because the program size is limited to 20 participants. To learn more about the program requirements, visiting the L.I.T. webpage. In addition to the L.I.T. certificate program, individual supervisory and leadership classes are available to meet job-specific needs.
- The Mind Gym – the official newsletter of Continuous Improvement & Training. Exercise your mind with monthly professional development news from the Training team! We'll share our LinkedIn Learning Monthly Challenges, upcoming events, and more. The first edition of The Mind Gym will be released in February 2023 in the FSU Faculty & Staff Announcements.
- LinkedIn Group – connect with Continuous Improvement & Training (CIT) and FSU colleagues online for professional development. We're joining LinkedIn! Be the first to know activities and employee development opportunities happening in CIT and connect and find your FSU colleagues through our new page. The first 100 employees to "follow" will be entered into a drawing to win a prize!
- New Badging Programs – our certificate programs are getting a makeover! Florida State University supports continuous learning for employee development through digital badges and certificates — a way to share and validate your achievements. We've updated our certificate training series to give employees digital recognition for their achievements.
New badges available Spring 2023:
- Leaders in Training Program
- Customer Service
- HR Department Representative
We hope employees will get as excited about these new changes as we are!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.