Florida State University (University) is an equal opportunity employer and educational provider committed to a policy of non-discrimination for any member of the University's community on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veterans' status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected group status. This policy applies to faculty, staff, students, visitors, applicants, and contractors in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, orders, and University policies, procedures, and processes.
- Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Statement
- Equal Opportunity, Non-Discrimination, and Non-Retaliation Policy
- EEO & Affirmative Action Provisions Notice
- Equal Pay Act of 1963
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978
- Title IX of Education Amendments of 1972
- Civil Rights Act of 1991
- The Vietnam-Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- Executive Order 11246
- Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008
- Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992
- Age Discrimination
- Veterans Preference
- Florida Hate Crime Reporting Act of 1989
Florida State University Regulations
- CHAPTER FSU-4 FACULTY AND STAFF
- FSU-4.011 Affirmative Action Program
- FSU-4.012 Director of Diversity and Compliance/Chief Diversity Officer
- FSU-4.013 Non Discrimination Policies and Procedures
Anti-Discrimination Laws by Type: Facts and Guidance
Other Related Websites
- Florida Statutes & Constitution
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Florida Commission on Human Relations (FCHR)
EEO Certifications for Grants
Writing a grant? The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion ensures compliance by completing certification requests from grant agencies or organizations, both government and non-profit.
Grant EEO certifications/re-certifications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (850) 645-1458 if you have any questions.
EEO Impact Statements
The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion verifies that requests for new degree programs, terminations of degree programs, limited access status for undergraduate degree programs and institutional reorganization will not have an adverse impact on diversity and equal opportunity. Reviews are conducted for feasibility studies and planning for a new degree program; implementation of a new degree program; modification and substantial expansion of a degree program requiring approval of the State Board of Education or State Board of Governors; establishing or modifying limited student access to all or part of a new or existing degree program; restructuring of an academic administrative unit, requiring State Board of Education or State Board of Governors approval; termination of any degree program, establishment of a new, permanent location for instruction and changing university polices related to rules concerning admissions, continuation, graduation requirements, or other actions which might adversely impact minority and female students.
Questions regarding the above may be directed to Michelle Douglas, Director, Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at (850) 644-7950, or by mail at Florida State University Human Resources, 6200-University Center - Building A, Tallahassee, Florida 32306-2410.