This website provides guidance on Criminal History Background Checks at FSU. Understanding University requirements and the process will help you efficiently administer background checks for your department. Several laws, regulations, and University policy drive the Criminal History Background Check process:
- Sections 110.1127, 435, 402.305, 409.175, 1012.32, 943.13, 943.0542, Florida Statutes
- Florida State University Board of Governors Regulation 1.001(5)(a)
- Florida State University Regulation FSU-4.001
- Florida State University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11
- Fair Credit Reporting Act 15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq.
- The National Child Protection Act of 1993 Public Law 103-209
Following FSU's background check process will help your department stay in compliance with the laws and regulations governing this process.
Human Resources Background Check Team:
Andrew Kapec, University Background Check & HR Records Manager
email@example.com | 850-644-7938